Tuesday 7 May 2013

Grazia Beauty Event at Harvey Nichols Birmingham!

Last Thursday i spent the day clearing the house and putting everything into boxes as we're having the house done starting tomorrow! But after a day of sorting, cleaning and struggling i put on my make-up, got a bit dressed up and toddled off to meet my sister!
I had seen the event advertised the week before via The Ticket Factory and at only £10 - which was redeemable on any purchases! - i just had to go!
It was all very exciting as i'd never been to a beauty event before and to be honest, i'd never even visited that Harvey Nichols store! I don't tend to visit them very often truth be told..

My Exclusive Fifi Lapin Tote <3
Complimentry issue of Grazia, Free sample of Macadamia Healing Oil treatment!

The Event info:
"Join us for the ultimate evening of beauty in association with Grazia on Thursday 25 April from 6pm – 9pm. Enjoy a glass of Prosecco whilst the industry’s leading brands offer you insider tips and tricks and educate you on the latest trends at our mini-masterclasses.
Be sure to drop in to our Ask-the-Expert Clinic, where the Grazia beauty team will be offering first-hand advice and answering all your essential need-to-know questions.
Discover our interactive Fifi Parlour inspired by the ‘world’s most stylish bunny’ and blogger Fifi Lapin. You can strike a pose with the furry fashionista and get creative with Fifi’s designs to be in with a chance of winning an exclusive beauty hamper."
Tickets are €10, redeemable on Beauty and Perfumery purchases made on the evening and include an exclusive Fifi Lapin tote bag*.

Fifi Lapin
As soon as we arrived, me and my sister headed straight for the Fifi Lapin designs area located in the cafe'. We spent around 20 minuted design our own bunnies using different glitter pens and make-up! I thought it was a brilliant and unique idea using eye-liner and eye-shadows to create different textures in pictures! We even 'struck a pose' with Fifi Lapin!

So after a little bit of being creative.. my sister immediately went to find 'a man with a glass!' There were waiters walking around the store dressed in suits, holding trays of glasses of Prosecco, Orange Juice & Cranberry Juice - it was all very sophisticated!
We then headed for the Grazia Beauty Expert who was behind a beaded curtain! But as we got there she had to hurry off to do her 'stage appearance' and to answer any beauty questions for the crowd (of about 8 people!) so we went to see her there instead!

She gave some great advice!
She advised me to use Fake Bake to get a gradual tan on my sensitive skin! She said that the beauty mistake that a lot of women make is not blending their foundation into there neck and it annoys her seeing people out and about, she just wants to go over and rub it in for them! She also said that her favourite beauty buys at the minure are bright red lipstick from MAC and anything that's a highlighter!

Me and my sister then headed over to the Benefit counter to have a snoop and a complimentary make-over! I will do another post tomorrow detailing this!




So overall an amazing night! I met some lovely people and made some great contacts as they were really interested in my blogging! *i'm so happy to say!*

I learnt:
It's good to experiment with lots of make-up!
I absolutely LOVE Benefit cosmetics! - Especially their Ultra Plush Liplgloss!
Any event is a great opportunity for networking!
I'm really interested in taking a professional make-up masterclass!

I can't wait for the next event i go to already!
If anyone's got any event suggestions, please let me know!

No comments :

Post a Comment