Monday 6 May 2013

#BEDM Day 6 - Bank Holiday Sunshine!

We've been really fortunate that the weather's been so gorgeous across this weekend!
I spent the majority of the weekend in the sun, went out for a meal with my parents and bought a strawberry plant as a little garden project!
But today, i didn't get off to a great start. After not sleeping well last night as it was so hot, my brain decided it was a brilliant idea to wake me up at 6:30am! I lay in bed til 8am but no luck with getting back to sleep.. but when i got up and saw the sunshine i couldn't help but smile!


I woke up in a baking mood! So at 8am i baked some gorgeous little chocolate cookies! Plus i iced them for the occasion! I'm getting happier with my piping bag skills too and practice makes perfect!

Whilst the dough for the above biscuits was chilling in the fridge for an hour, i decided i wanted to make a more spring-y/summery cake and as i'd never attempted a Lemon Drizzle Loaf before, i thought it was the perfect opportunity! I'm not used to being up whilst everyone else is still in bed so i took full advantage!

I trundled off to the local shop at 8:30am wearing my denim mini-shorts - i was amazed it was warm enough at that time in the morning! - and came back with 2 lemons and a lime..
So by the time 11am arrived and some of the family were still ahving breakfast i had make a batch of chocolate cookies and a gorgeous lemon drizzle cake!
(Find the recipe here!)


Then little man had fun with his 'cheeky surprise' sent by the lovely people at Walkers!


Overall great day! Did anyone else do any baking? :)

No comments :

Post a Comment