Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Saint Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!


The above picture is definitely me and my boyfriend in cartoon gaming form!
(i will now refer to my boyfriend as Sonic in all posts)

As i leave the house for work at 6:30am - i haven't yet had the privilege of receiving my prezzies from my Sonic.. i can't wait until i get home!

I know a lot of people say they don't see why love should be specifically celebrated on this day and that you should show it all year round.. but there's no reason not to make this day special.

I always say i'll never go out for dinner on valentine's day as the 'offers' always seem to be more expensive than if you went on any other day! So instead i plan special meals at home that we wouldn't usually eat and spend the day (or closest day to it) just being together.

My Menu

Starter: Homemade garlic mushrooms
Main: Sirloin steak served with homemade wedges and onion rings
Dessert: Homemade coffee biscuits or coffee cake

The main course is such an easy option to cook! Simply fry the steak, shove the onion rings in the oven. Then i have such an easy recipe for homemade potato wedges - i will post this next!

As for the starter using tiny mushrooms and cooking them in a saucepan with melted cheese and garlic YUM spread.. easy peasy and really quick!

Then the dessert is apparently my 'famous coffee cake' so i'm very used to making it

I've also managed to book the day off work tomorrow and luckily Sonic works from home so we'll have a special meal tonight but then we'll spend 'our valentine's day' together tomorrow so we have more time to make the most of being together.


Have a happy and Love-filled day!

No comments :

Post a Comment