Monday 14 July 2014

The British Tag!

At one time I didn't used to like doing that many tags, but I seem to have turned a corner and realised that they are a great monthly post!
I find it really interesting to see other people's answers as well as my own, as I think I seem to find out a little more about myself by doing them!
I first saw this tag circulating on YouTube and then yesterday I came across it on Tink Jayne's blog (one I definitely recommend that you go and check out!)
So here are my answers and I hope you enjoy!


How many cups of tea do you have a day and how many sugars?
I think this is one British tradition that I definitely fail at! I happily drink fruit tea but I really have to be in the mood for a cup of tea so maybe only have 2 a week.. But in any case I have 1 sugar!

What is your favourite part of your roast dinner?
Definitely has to be roast potatoes! But only my mums home-made roasties.. they are soft in the centre and have amazingly crispy edges with only a thin layer of crunch around them.. just Yum.

What is your favourite dunking biscuit?
Now this is tough! But I think ultimately it has to be chocolate digestives.. chocolatey goodness mixed with a lovely crunch! Perfection.


What is your favourite quintessentially British pastime?
I love visiting National Trust sights, seeing historic buildings and exploring the gardens and nature around me. I love British heritage so anything from old children's toys to seeing a squirrel running across a wide open space with giant oak trees makes me super happy!

What is your favourite word?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. That is all.

Do you know any Cockney rhyming slang?
Funny you should ask.. my dad's a cockney born and bred so I do know a few.
Apples & Pears (Stairs).
Old China Plate (Mate).
Cup of Rosie Lea (Tea).
Dog and Bone (Phone).

What is your favourite sweet?
Pear Drops! My gran used to keep a jar and we were allowed one every Sunday after dinner.. they'd nearly break your teeth if you tried to crunch them too quickly but they were amazing!

What would your Pub be called?
The Country Dame. It would have a lovely beer garden with tables and branded umbrellas.. It would have a big tree with a swing hanging from it and people would get a complimentary Guinness Miniature on a Sunday afternoon.

  Who is your No.1 British person?
David Jason? Something about him just screams British all over and he is such a character! He was born in London and stole the Nation's hearts with his gentle nature and comedy warmth! What's not to love?


What is your favourite shop and restaurant?
I'm not sure if I have a favourite shop.. I love small vintage and charity shops though as I have a knack for finding a good bargain! My favourite restaurant has to be Frankie & Bennys (american i know) but can't beat a good gastro food pubs too, that serve Guinness and Steak & Ale pie!

What British song pops into your head?
Wannabe - Spice Girls!
Classic 90s cheese..It represented girl power and the simple love of life!

Marmite?
You either love it or you hate it.. I Hate it!

I Tag Everyone that wants to do this!
If you're British yourself or you just love Britain!
I'd love to see everyone else's answers!

No comments :

Post a Comment