Saturday 28 February 2015

Reading Challenge! 25 Books every smart women should read by ELLE Magazine

I found this list whilst browsing the internet the other day and thought it was a very interesting concept.. I like to think as myself as a 'smart women' and I love to learn and indulge myself in knowledge.
I have decided to set myself a challenge to try to read all of these before the end of 2015!
I thought it might be something a little different and something to get me motivated to read more as I have been slacking over the past few years although I do really enjoying settling down with a good book and at times could happily read for hours on end!
I will be keeping you updated on my progress month by month and fingers crossed i'll make it through!
Wish me luck!

1. Just Kids by Patti Smith
2. Heart Burn by Nora Ephron
3. The Journals of Sylvia Plath by Sylvia Plath
4. Backlash by Susan Faludi
5. A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft
6. A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
7. On Writing by Stephen King
8. The Establishment by Owen Jones
9. A History of the World in 100 Objects by Neil McGregor
10. Whoops! Why Everyone Owes Everyone and No One Can Pay by John Lanchester
11. Animals by Emma Jane Unsworth
12. The Empathy Exams: Essays by Leslie Jamison
13. How To Be Both by Ali Smith
14. Frances and Bernard by Carlene Bauer
15. I Am An Emotional Creature by Eve Ensler
16. Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
17. Middlemarch by George Eliot
18. The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
19. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
20. The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
21. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
22. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
23. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
24. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
25. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

Angie.x

1 comment :

  1. This is an interesting book list, you have reminded me of a few books which I had meant to read. Good luck with the reading.

    ReplyDelete